Friday, June 11, 2010




Nope - this is not a broken down piece of junk clogging up our barn - It's our mower! - and I'm not joking - I just almost finished mowing our yard with it about an hour ago before this huge storm blew in causing me to run for my life to the house - scoop up the dog and head for the basement all along thinking of "Oz" and calling for Auntie Em! We bought the mower about 5 years ago for $150.00 thinking we might get a year or two out of it. It has lost it's hood and has bailing string tied to it to hold up the guard so the grass doesn't get caught and clog it up but she just keeps on going. She ain't pretty but she gets the job done! Everytime she starts I say a prayer of gratitude. The little bird - he's just a little guy that got caught in the storm - sopping wet - a little disoriented - maybe looking for his mommy.


2 comments:

MH said...

There is be a correction...it is a broken down piece of junk:)

Cheryl said...

not broken down yet but soon I'm sure - making a new noise...