Monday, July 12, 2010

This is what we did on our gorgeous Saturday!

What a beautiful day this was! I could hear the motorcycles riding by on the rode - I could see the trucks pulling their boats to the river....I could hear our neighbors splashing around in their pool......and then I hear my husband (the gardener) say "The corn is ready"
I know what that means and when he says the corn - it's not just a few ears - it's a few rows of corn.....
The official grower - picker and shucker....

I've learned how to keep the mess to a minimum.......




This is the product of our labors.......



Product in production......




I've realized that I don't even really like corn all that much - It's okay but not really worth giving up most of a Saturday for....Oh well - We did put up 22 bags of cream corn in the freezer and we always have next Saturday to have some fun!





2 comments:

MH said...

I don't really have nightmares about corn...mostly about green beans!

Cheryl said...

well those will be in soon - wanna come for a visit??