Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Miracles do happen.....

Saturday evening I was sitting in the living room reading and my hungry for munchies husband who I could hear rummaging through the kitchen cupboards looking for something sweet poked his head around the corner and said "I really could go for some Tollhouse Chocolate Chip cookies" which interpreted means: (You haven't made those in a long time and could you?) I said: "There's a recipe on the back of the bag." What happened next had to be recorded because anybody who knows him would not believe me unless they saw some proof - especially his kids! He thought about my response for a second and I as I peered over my reading glasses I saw a little light go off in his head....He realized - Hey maybe I can do this.....I'm thinking - no way - He doesn't even know where the mixing bowls are or the flour or the measuring spoons or most anything else that goes in that cookie recipe..... So I got out my camera:)



And this is where it all started........

"Hey! That's not the way my Home Ec teacher Mrs. Jones taught me to measure flour!)

"OH- NO- HE- DIDN"T!"
yes, he did....


"Guess I should have not said...."Give me back my camera and clean up that flour you spilled on the rug!"









Salmonella warnings didn't work.....














The finished product! - which I have to say that they are some of the best Tollhouse cookies I have ever eaten -
Is this the beginning of something new? A man in the kitchen cooking instead of looking?


Yummy!! - now off to the treadmill!!! (for about a 200 mile run!)









3 comments:

Jen said...

Ours didn't turn out nearly as good as Clarence's. I think it is the stone...I am so ordering one.

Danielle said...

Wow, good job dad! I can't believe he did that...and they do look very yummy!

TC23 said...

I still don't believe it. This could never happen. Ever.